In no particular order, here are the lessons I learned in 2017;
1. Taking care of your mental health will enhance you more potential in all aspects of your life.
2. You have to learn to let go of friendships that no longer serve a purpose in your life, no matter how long you thought they would last.
3. Stand in front of the mirror, and envision your wildest dreams, and watch the universe make your reflection, a reality.
4. Fight for anything you believe in, and when you feel like giving up – fight some more.
5. Trust until trust is broken.
6. If you want to know a person well, travel with them.
7. Love him like you have guaranteed your happy ending.
8. Put the work in your passion, and be passionate about your work.
9. Some relationships take up too much time in your life, and some relationships just need time.
10. Appreciate the people who go out of their way for you, with no agenda or obligation.
11. You can’t force your relationship with God.
12. The hardest process is letting go of something you still want.
13. What is awaiting you beyond the horizon is unknown and ever changing, but the waves of the beach listen to what you hope to find.
14. If someone has done wrong by you, life will force their apology.
15. You can never listen to a song you associate a memory with, at least not in the same way.
16. Seize every opportunity life gives you, and remember that others wish they had the same.
17. Once you get a taste of real love, you will do anything to try save it.
18. Don’t ever let pride get in the way of helping others, or asking others for help.
19. Intimacy is good for the soul.
20. Stop doing for others what they are lazy to do for themselves.
21. Being honest about who you are is power over people’s opinions.
22. Learn to appreciate what you have against the magnitude of what you have lost.
23. New friendships can become as important as your oldest ones.
24. If someone makes a genuine effort to come back into your life, hold the door open wide for them.
25. There is no such thing as coincidence – everything happens for a reason.
26. Love is choosing to try harder each day than the day before, even when you cannot guarantee the outcome.
27. Don’t ever settle for less in life than what you daydream about.
28. You cannot “stop” overthinking, you can only try to sleep before it takes full control.
29. The hardest battle is between what you know and what you feel.
30. You can be in your own bed, in your own house, and still want to go home.
31. Looking through photos is just another way of counting all the people who are no longer a part of your life.
32. An essential factor of success is naming your fears, and facing them.
33. Long distance bracelets are pointless if you can’t handle long distance relationships.
34. Strive to be as strong as the woman who raised you.
35. Life eventually finds it’s way back to the middle, balancing all of it’s good and bad.
MY 2018 NY RESOLUTION:
I want to learn more about what kind of adult and citizen of the world I aspire to be in my lifetime, and exercise that daily.